Thursday, October 9, 2008

A very busy weekend in Lincoln!

I always have good intentions of getting this updated before the next weekend comes - here it is Thursday already and I'm just getting to posting an update on last weekend! It was a busy one! We started out after naps on Friday afternoon by visiting Grandpa Martin to spread some birthday cheer, then stopped back home to pick up cousin Amanda who was coming to stay with us for the weekend, then stopped to pick up Todd after work and headed downtown for the UNL Homecoming parade and pizza supper.

On Saturday, Amanda kept the boys while Todd and I met our friends Richard & Heather Clabaugh for some Indian cuisine at the Oven and then headed to the Husker Volleyball game - where the ladies took Colorado in 3 quick sets. Todd and I walked the 9 miles (it was at least 3 I would guess) back to our car and headed home to see the boys for a bit and pick up Amanda. Todd's mom had arrived while we were gone as she was taking care of the boys that evening while Todd, Amanda and I went to the football game.

After an hour at home we headed back downtown to Memorial Stadium and again hiked the 3+ miles from our car and found our seats. We were all in the North end zone - I was meeting my friend Abby there while Todd and Amanda were using his aunt's seats. The game was exciting for the first 2-3 minutes where the scored was tied up 7-7, it went downhill from there. Abby and I still had fun, less the drunk middle age man behind us for the last few minutes, and Amanda seemed to enjoy her first Nebraska football experience as well. Todd loves being at these game no matter how it goes - so he had a good time too! We did leave "early" before the 4th quarter due to the blowout and the fact it was already 11pm.

Sunday was a much needed day of worship and napping! Not much else happened!!



No comments: