I didn't talk to him for a few more weeks, I just started asking around - who is this guy?? All I heard were good things and I became more and more infatuated with him. I could not quit talking about this guy.
That summer I was headed to Minnesota for my summer job.
My friend's coerced him into coming to Ord for my going away party AND to Minnesota for a few days to visit me!! I was on cloud nine - and we had barely talked.
When he got home from visiting me in Minnesota he started emailing me and this continued the rest of the summer and into the beginning of the fall semester at Wesleyan. I guess some of the feelings were becoming mutual... He finally =) called and asked me to go for a walk sometime in early September however our first official date wasn't until late October.
By December we had decided we were meant for each other and he proposed in late January. We were married the following year, January 5, 2002!
We were so young then, sometimes I wonder if we really could know what we were doing - but I always end up amazed and in awe of how God worked - He created us for each other, there is no doubt in my mind about that. God is good, I am blessed.
Thanks babe, for seven wonderful years making all my dreams come true.
I love you,
Stephanie
8 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!
What a beautiful wedding it was. What an amazing expression of the God we serve.
Praying for God's continual blessing on your family. (Oh the blessings that have come from that day!:))
Thankful for you girl
Happy Anniversary you two! Thanks for your Godly example of marriage. May God bless you both.
(What is it about Wesleyan guys and their "walks" around campus? :)
Happy Anniversary! You two were a beautiful couple on your wedding day and even more now as you continue your commitment to each other.... what a blessing! Blessings to you all and hope to see you all soon!
Ok, enough already, I'm crying! I am so blessed by both your and Todd's friendships and praise God for this day 7 years ago! Woo hoo!
Happy Anniversary Hon! What a beautiful story
xxxxxxx
thanks ladies! lots of love for all of you!
Happy Anniversary!
I loved hearing how you met! Happy Anniversary! =)
-Sarah
Post a Comment