Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thoughts on Motherhood

On March 5th, our friends Jon & Kari welcomed this sweet baby girl into their family. Her mama wrote a little bit about motherhood on facebook this week and I just had to share it with all of you (with her permission of course) and I couldn't resist adding a couple of pictures of their family as well!

Thank you Kari, for such a precious reminder of the blessings of motherhood!!
Aubrey Grace

I used to have clean floors, but not the sound of little feet that bring in the dirt from adventures outside.

I used to have clean windows, but no little hands to hold when crossing the street or leave tiny prints on the glass.

I used to have a clean table with no scratches or sticky goo, but no little mouths to feed or enjoy a lunchtime conversation with about trains, JESUS, or what Curious George's sand castle look like.

I used to get lots of sleep, but had no one to calm in the middle of the night when illness comes and no baby to snuggle tightly and breathe in her soft skin as she has a midnight snack.

I used to have great hair, nails, clothes and makeup everyday, but no little arms around my neck with a voice that says "I love you too" or asks me to hold them no matter what I look like or smell like (shower or no shower) that day.

I used to always have patience but no one to need my help with the smallest tasks that teach MY heart what it is to be the servant of all as Christ was for us and show unconditional love at all times.

I used to have quiet whenever I wanted, but no little voices singing "the B-I-B-L-E", "Amazing Grace", or calling my name.

I used to know the latest news or wordly gossip, but no one to tell me what they drew a picture of, what is hurting, or ask me to read them a book or tell me what bird they have just seen outside.

A MAMA - That's what I am now and will always be. That is much better than what I used to be.

~Kari McGrew 2010~

Kari with her beautiful family!

4 comments:

Nikki Moore said...

That was gorgeous. Very inspiring - thanks for sharing! :)

The Fast Family said...

That. Was. Beautiful.
Thanks for passing that on from your friend's page, with her approval of course!
Love, Amy

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

that is awesome! thanks for sharing....what a great reminder too!!

and congrats to Todd too, I'm sure the boys could spend hours catching up, especially now that you have a new chapter opening in your lives!

Shanle's said...

Ah, that was so precious and so very true!!