Hard to believe it's been six years since I first laid eyes on this sweet boy. It was love in an instant. Today, he's grown into a full-blown mini-me. Sometimes this is a true joy, sometimes a little bit of torture (the non-stop talking part!).
To my dear Carter, I love the way you explore the world around you and leave no stone unearthed. I love your passion. I love the way seize a task and give it your all. I am trying to cherish the fact that you cannot stand to be alone in a room for more than 2 minutes. I love seeing you interact with people, you are beginning to shine in such a unique way. I love hearing you sing. Even more, I love it when you laugh. I am learning to appreciate the fact that you forget nothing. I love that you are my biggest helper and often remind me of things I have forgotten. I love watching you love on your little brother and your baby sister, you are indeed the best big brother ever. I am settling into the role of referee and helping you boys learn to "play nice". I love your smile. I love it when you act tough even when I know you are hurting. I love the way you love to make other people laugh. I love that you think your daddy is the funniest guy in the whole world. I love that your heart is softening and you are seeking to do the right thing. I love the way you handle your allergies so matter-of-factly and don't let them slow you down.
You, my son, have taught Daddy & I so much in your short six years of life and we can't wait to see God's plans for you. Keep seeking Him and His Word daily and you will find much joy.
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness."
James 1:2-3
You are a true gift from God and we love you so much.
Love,
Mom
Mom
aka Steph

.jpg)


1 comment:
Yea Carter. Very proud of you, big guy!
Post a Comment