Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A visit to the ranch....

Last Sunday we took a little day trip down to Stella, NE to visit the Jacobitz family!

We arrived in Stella soon after 10am and after a quick tour of the town and a call to Kathy we found the church. After a few songs Jed gave a great message from the book of Acts - though I was a little preoccupied at times by my little boys I did catch most of the sermon and really appreciated Jed sharing from his heart. The line that stuck out to me the most was when he said something like this "what if I sought after God with the same passion I sought after other things in this world" - wow - quite the challenging thought. It's way too easy for me to caught up in the things of this world, instead I need to passionately seek God and allow Him to shape my life, my goals and my actions.... Thanks Jed for the awesome words of wisdom.

After church we headed out to Jed and Kathy's place for a BBQ. They stuffed us full of burgers, hot dogs, and all the fixin's, even homemade ice cream courtesy of Jed's mom - yummy!!! Carter had a blast running around the yard and playing with the other kiddos. Here's a few pics from the occasion! Thanks for having us Jacobitz family!!!




1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thank you guys for coming!

We had a great time...you guys are off the charts awesome!