For the past 15 years (less a few years when I was in college) they have lived in the same town as I (first Ord, now Lincoln). It has been very special to have them close by! I remember when they first moved to Ord they lived in our driveway in their RV - I loved going out and playing dominoes with Gma. They soon found a house of their own in town and I continued to enjoy going over to see them for dominoes, cream soda and granola bars.
I didn't realize back then how good I had it and I still probably take it for granted sometimes. My grandparents are the nicest people in the world and they tell some amazing stories. Gpa talks often about WW2, airplanes and the ways that God has been faithful to him and his family over the years. Gma tells stories of how they first met, raising 5 kids and all the exciting people and places they've know over time. We are so blessed to have them in town - a few minutes away in fact- and to be able to interact with them regularly allowing our boys grow up knowing their great-grandparents!
Happy Anniversary! We love you Grandpa and Grandma!!!


1 comment:
What a blessing to your children.
I can only pray that my family will affect generations like that.
What a gift!
Post a Comment