Saturday, April 18, 2009

Reason to celebrate

You probably all thought we didn't celebrate Easter this year???   Not sure why I'm so slow getting this posted, probably because the weather is just getting better and better and we are starting to LIVE outside and I am loving it!

We did celebrate Easter and had a wonderful time remembering the Resurrection of our Lord.  I can't even imagine what it would have been like to live in that moment and to realize that the Lord I loved, who took the nails for me, was alive and had overcome death!! WOW! It was a great time of reflection for Todd and I and as always we had a wonderful time celebrating with family.

We started celebrating on Friday afternoon as Nana Pat made an early delivery from the Easter Bunny - showering the boys with lots of fun treats and of course hugs!



Sunday morning we attended the worship service at our church... thanks to both boys just getting over colds we were all able to worship together as a family along with my parents (well sort of, Mom was off fluting in the orchestra), my brother and his wife, Mitzi, and my grandparents. Following the service we all gathered at Mamie and Papa's for a lovely brunch and some egg-hunting! Carter really got into the searching however asked "where is another one?" after finding each egg! Turner just liked the snacks from his Easter basket and downed one after another!

Here are some snapshots from the day!









4 comments:

Leslie said...

Easter is such a great time for us as believers to rejoice and hope! Woo hoo!!!

Such stunning outfits on those little men. Love the ties!!! :)

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

So handsome. Love the ties.

Mockabee Seven said...

So handsome!

How hard is it to get a photo of the two of them together, smiling, at the camera??? :-) It's my biggest challenge in life!

Kathy said...

Those boys are adorable Steph! I too love the ties...love the family.

A reason to celebrate indeed....