This year Todd and I both set a goal to complete a half marathon.
Todd completed his on Sunday, May 3rd here in Lincoln.
I completed mine this past Saturday, June 6th in Kansas City.
I got the boys up and set out for the finish line in Lincoln only to miss Todd finishing (due to the boys getting impatient and me deciding we must have missed him).
Todd got the boys up and set out for the finish line in KC only to miss me finishing (due to a downpour that started just as I was running my last 400 meters).
I think the boys still enjoyed the experience even if they didn't actually see either of us running!
Though the 2nd picture of Turner below may indicate otherwise.
I think Todd and I both enjoyed experience even though it would have been extra special to see the kiddos as we finished, oh well!
Goals completed!

4 comments:
Way to go, guys!
Excellent! Now on to bigger goals.
Way to go, Hohlens!! Andrew's football team had to hand out water for a marathon in Brenham... Keep in mind it is DOWNPOURING rain and we are under tornado watches... While handing out water, he sees a couple Mom's running with babies. One Mom straps a baby in a jogger and covers it completely, keeping it dry at least but the baby is still crying. The second Mom had her baby strapped to her chest in a back pack just getting SOAKED! Andy said the baby was literally shrieking and he felt so terrible. I couldn't believe it... Poor things. Looks like you had a nice day! =)
Way to go. That is such a great accomplishment. Maybe someday I can do it...
Post a Comment