Monday, November 23, 2009

First ever "guy trip"!!

It was bound to happen sometime, but I thought maybe they were still too young for Daddy to venture out with them on his own. I guess it helped it was only to Nana & Papa's house. Whatever the case, it happened...

the guys left momma behind and took a road trip!!!



I do have to admit I wasn't too sad to let them go, in fact it may have been my idea!! I worry though, the day will come when they opt to leave me behind to go fishing or take in a basketball game or other "guy stuff" and I will really want to go along too. I guess there will always be malls and books and cleaning for me... but still!!!

It sure sounded like they had fun... taking combine rides, going to a parade, visiting the grandma-greats, riding in Papa's excavator and all sorts of fun "guy stuff". They didn't even seem to notice I was missing!!!






Meanwhile back at home, I was organizing closets, scrubbing floors, getting a start on my Christma shopping, sewing, and taking in my own "outing with the guys" by attending the Oklahoma vs. Nebraska football game with my own dad, brother and cousin, Brett!!

I won't lie, I definitely enjoyed my time at home alone, but I was awfully excited to see them by Sunday afternoon!!!

I think I'll see if I can tag-along on the next trip!!

2 comments:

Shanle's said...

too precious... i love sleeping babies ;)

my time will come when brode bear has a daddy date and leaves me behind. i don't know how i'm going to let them go!! i love them so... hmm... your boys are darling.

Outnumbered said...

I'm so jealous of you!