Friday, March 19, 2010

Beautiful Feat

"How beautiful upon the mountains
are the feet of him who brings good news,
who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness,
who publishes salvation,
who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns.'"
Isaiah 52:7

For the past 11 years my parents have traveled to Sonora, Mexico on a Medical Missions Trip. There, they visit several (I think they are up to 5 or 6) small villages and put on medical clinics for the people of the area who for the most part are unable to pay for reasonable medical care. They do this through the local churches. The goal is for the people to not only have their physical needs met.... but that they would be introduced to 1) their local church and 2) the opportunity to know Christ as their Lord and Savior... thus having their spiritual needs met as well.


Todd and I were able to join Dad & Mom on their trip the first several years - now it's been about 7 years since we've gone along.... someday we hope to go back. This year I was able to contribute a small bit to the group - I sent along these totes to be shared with the wives of the pastors at each of the churches they visited. It was fun for me to practice my sewing & reach out to these women as well.

Dad & Mom will be finishing up their last day in Mexico today and heading back to AZ before flying home. I pray God would continue to protect them and allow HIS name to be proclaimed to those who lives have been impacted by their trip!

Thanks Dad & Mom (and Pete, Steve, Mary, Andrea, Mary, & Wes who went along this year!).... for giving to people of Mexico and sharing the good news!!

A beautiful feat indeed!


1 comment:

D'Anna said...

The totes look Great! And your heart looks Beautiful!