Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Let's Potty!!!

I didn't blog much during Carter's potty-training process for fear it would "jinx" how smooth it went. However this time around I'm all about blogging... because with this sweet little guy I think it's going to be an adventure, so I might as well share it with all of you!!!

Right now we're in the midst "stage one".... EXPLORATION!!! Yikes, sounds scary doesn't it?!?! Over the past 3-4 months we've been having him sit on the potty and try to go. Finally about a month or so ago he went for the first time and now goes about 1x/day. At this point it's all based on how motivated I am, for he never tells me he has to go, it's just when I take the initiative to put him on the potty. Usually if I put him on there.... he goes. Usually it's because he wants a marshmallow (which he gets if he goes unless it's bedtime)! We'll probably stay here for another couple of months... unless he starts telling me when he has to go.

Side Note: This time around we used the potty chair for a while in the beginning, but he does just as well on the big potty, so I've already put that away. (Though there will be a time in the future we'll need it in the car to help with "on the go" potty stops!)

Let the adventure begin....


3 comments:

Leslie said...

Way to go big boy!!!!

Cassi said...

We too are starting down this wild adventure, but with less success than your little guy! AND I agree; it is about OUR motivation (or lack there of) to put them on there!

Shanle's said...

I'm not ready to start that with Brode. We, too, have the potty setting out. He'll sit on it occasionally and "try" to go but doesn't quite understand. I'm not going to tackle this AND a newborn at the same time! Maybe this summer we can try a tad harder... he's still way too young! ;)

SS