Thursday, August 26, 2010

It's a......


Girl!

We are all pretty excited to add this precious baby girl to the family. Carter couldn't stop smiling and telling everyone proudly "it's a baby girl"! And Turner's first response was, "No! I want a boy!", but he quickly changed his tune!!!

Beyond the most exciting part of the ultrasound we also learned that this baby girl is very healthy and everything checked out just great- praise the Lord!!! We are so blessed - I think the only thing better would be holding her in our arms - but since she only weighs 15 oz. at this point, it's best we wait a while longer. (Not to mention her room is painted very BLUE right now!!!)

And yes, it's true, she already has her first outfit!!
Leslie and I hit up the 30% sale at GAP right away and had a sweet (not so pink) little girly outfit!!! Thankfully for all the girly girls out there Les was along to add some pink shoes. (THANKS!!) I have to admit, it was pretty fun to shop for a girl!!


So there you have it, just another exciting day in the Hohlen family!
By the way, does anyone have a good ideas for a new blog title??

10 comments:

Dr. and Mrs. Thomas said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't be happier for you guys....you're gonna love bringing a girl to the mix!!! And shopping for girls is SOOO much more fun... =) Can't wait to meet her!

Hope all is well in the dental department...keep waiting to hear more updates......and for building pictures of course for us far away folk.... =)

Leslie said...

I can't get over it! This is going to be so much fun!!!!

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

total awesomeness.

So happy for you!

Tara said...

Steph and her boys and a girl?

WOO HOO!

I'm so happy for you!

Josh and Erin said...

yeahhhhhhh!!! little girls are sooo fun! :)

The Feather Files said...

OH yeah! I am so excited for you guys. AND I LOVE THE OUTFIT. It is so cute!

Unknown said...

OOOOOoooh!!! Congratulations!! :)

Linds said...

I can't stop smiling either!!! I'm so excited for you!! That little girl is so blessed to older brothers too.... I remind Hadley of that often:) Let me know if you could use some clothes!!!! I'm starting to go through ours. Sending all our love to your fam.

Laura said...

congrats!!!
how about steph & her tribe or troop or indians or monsters... my mom always called the 3 of us by different group names like that.

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

While you're at Gap, you should pick up the black and grey thermal long sleeve t's for the boys to match her outfit!