It does not seem possible that we should have a child old enough for school, nevermind it's "only" preschool, a new phase of life has begun.
Today was Carter's first day at Lincoln Christian Preschool. So after lunch, we loaded up and headed off to help him find his new classroom. Thankfully we'd been there on Monday for an open house, so it wasn't exactly "new". Carter did hesitate at first to let Turner and I go, but it didn't take long for him to decide it was going to be alright. It was Turner who seemed to take things the hardest, he really wanted to stay and play too!! I think it was helping encourage him it was going to be ok that helped me forget I may be sad too! (I will admit a few tears came in the car as I tried to lift up a prayer for my Carter's first day.)
Here he is before heading out....
And one with his buddy, Luke, in their classroom....
When the time came to head back to the school to pick him up I was getting pretty anxious to hear all about it and although Turner was fast asleep and I had to wake him up as soon as he heard we were going to find Carter he perked right up! So sweet!
Carter was all smiles when we arrived, sitting at the table with his little friends working on an assignment. I would say he was excited to head home, but definitely seemed ready to head back on Friday. My favorite quote from his perspective of the day was "I certainly enjoyed it!" - well buddy, I'm so glad you did. When I asked him what he liked best he included painting (see picture below, he says it's "Buzz Lightyear"), helping Mrs. Kugel sweep up spilled beans (that some other kids spilled- of course!) and snacktime.

3 comments:
Carter Mamie is so happy that you had a good first day of school! I can't wait to hear all about when we get home.
Aww I can't believe how grown up our babies are!! Sounds like a great first day , well done for being strong Mummy xxxx
What a great post. I LOVE seeing first-day-of-school pictures. Carter looks so happy and proud! Looks like he has a great year ahead. :)
Post a Comment