Thursday, December 17, 2009

There is a first time for everything....

With 2 boys it was bound to happen, I knew it wouldn't be long the way they wrestle, climb & chase.

It was in the midst of a game of chase, Carter was in his slippers (probably not a good idea) and ended up falling head first into the brick fireplace. We are thankful he wasn't hurt worse!

Thus Tuesday evening we had our first "emergency" visit to Linc Care and Carter's first stitches!!


I was so thankful Daddy was home, and Papa was working less than a mile away. Daddy was brave - calm, cool & collected. He handled the situation like a pro! I on the other hand didn't freak out, but I was a bit scattered and had a trouble making decisions.

Thankfully we had a guest, Tori, who read books with Turner while we took a trip to urgent care. I don't think she'll forget dinner at our house anytime soon!

Carter was obviously in pain and scared at first, but once we got him in the car and headed to Papa he was so good! Very brave and very adorable as usual! We couldn't have been more proud of how well he did in the clinic. I think it was harder on Mommy than him for sure! And I imagine it was a little hard for Grandpa to sew up his little buddy too, but he did great too!!!

Definitely hoping the next ER trip is a long time from now!

Thanks to Papa for taking such good care of us!!!


2 comments:

Tara said...

Poor little man! Way to be brave Carter!

Mockabee Seven said...

Big boy, Carter! A definite first for the books!