Friday, January 29, 2010

Confessions of a Nebraska Stay-at-home Mom #1

Hi! My name is Steph. I'm afraid I've joined the club. Definitely never saw this coming, but I just can't get enough. I love the colors, the patterns, the opportunity to be creative, the feeling of actually accomplishing something that won't have to be done again tomorrow! It's true... I LOVE TO SEW!!!

It started back in July. I needed a gift for a little guy named Camden. He really needed a little truck shirt and the stores just didn't have what he needed. SEW I had to make one for him. And then it was Mia's birthday and she needed a cute shirt too. Then came a couple of babies and the baby fabrics these days are SEW cute!! You just want to keep buying them and then I decided it wasn't enough to make shirts and decided to try my hand at blankets too!

IMG_4531 truck applique
IMG_2995 IMG_2533
IMG_3281 IMG_1873

SEW there you have it!! I'm officially addicted to SEWING!

You can expect to be receiving homemade gifts from me... especially if you are having a baby soon and maybe some of you who aren't!!

A special thanks to mom for letting me borrow her sewing machine for SEW long!! I promise I will give it back, as soon as I finish all the projects I currently am working on (it may take a while).

Sew there you have it!

8 comments:

Peek Thru Our Window said...

great job steph!
i have to admit, i'm having fun with it too.

my thing lately is fun pillow cases!~

Outnumbered said...

You're amazing at it, Steph! You just might be giving Jodi a run for her money, lol.

Efka said...

you definitely do a good job

Steph said...

thanks girls! i definitely like to steal Jodi's ideas.... nothing turns out quite as spectacular though =)

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

So now you need to tell me how you got the edge of the fabric so nice on the edges. This seems to be where I get stuck.

AJ and Dexter's Mom said...

Oh, and of course, it all looks awesome!

The Feather Files said...

You are really good!

Leslie said...

You are SEW cool friend!!! I am so lucky you like to sew and that I have kiddos that get your homemade gifts :) Awesome!