Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Evening, morning and noon... I cry out"

This verse from Psalm 55:17 was Carter's AWANA verse this week. Fittingly one our family would need to remember this week as we mourn the loss of my mom's younger brother, my uncle Gary, who died at the age of 54 this week.

The full verse reads "Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice." As we are filled with many emotions this week, we are grateful to have a God who cares, who we can turn to, who we can cry out to, who we can know hears our cry (even when we don't say anything at all).

Even so, it's hard. As a niece I long for one more conversation with my uncle, as a mom I wish my little boys could have known their great-uncle better. And I hurt for mom having to say goodbye to her brother. I ache for my aunt, who has lost her husband and for cousin Mary who has lost her dad and for her two daughters who will miss growing up with their Papa.

Yet, I continue to rest in Him who knows all and controls all - it was Uncle Gary who taught me that GOD is SOVEREIGN and all things happen for a reason... in God's perfect timing.

There were several other verses I clung to this week including Psalm 18:10 which reads "The name of the LORD is a strong tower, the righteous run to it and are safe." and Psalm 36:7 "How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings." I praise God for being a STRONG tower and a refuge at all times.


The boys with uncle Gary, the last time we saw him earlier this month.

Remembering,



2 comments:

The Feather Files said...

So sorry for you loss.

Your new blog look is awesome!

Leslie said...

Beautiful post. Praise God for memories...especially those of a man who taught you attributes of God. Praying for your entire family.