From the beginning of Turner's potty training I kept telling him that Captain Underpants was coming to visit him, however I didn't really have a plan or follow-up for this promise. Then as we were getting desperate we decided to tell him we would buy him a Buzz Lightyear toy if he got it all figured out and used this as motivation. Somehow this evolved into Captain Underpants bringing Buzz Lightyear. Not long after my last Potty Training post, the Teba decides he gets it and no longer requires diapers (except for nighttime) - WOOHOO! At this point both boys began asking when Captain Underpants was coming... oh my what was I going to do to fulfill such lofty promises??!
Getting the Buzz figure was easy, now what to do about Captain Underpants. At first I was working on convincing Todd to dress up and make a video, but that was going to seem a bit weird, so on Saturday morning (ready to move on!) I told Carter he was going to be Captain Underpants and make his little brother's day.
{Thankfully he's a bit modest so I didn't get a great shot of him in costume}
{And here's the happy recipient who has decided that wearing unders all the time is fun}
Off to enjoy not buying or changing diapers for the next three months....

8 comments:
YAY! So happy for Teba!
X decided to do it all on his own too-- nighttime as well --im still stumped on the nighttraining.
Enjoy these three months nappy free!
This is awesome! Way to go Mama on the PT, way to go little man for "getting it", and props to big brother for being Captain Underpants! I bet this memory will last for YEARS to come! Enjoy the diaper free days (for a few months anyway ;o)
Love the video - so cute!!!
Can you send Captain Underpants over to our house to visit Ava?!? Maybe that would motivate her!!
That was priceless!!!
Such a great big brother! And very creative momma!
Way to go Turner!!!
See you SOON!!! We start our trip home this Thursday...should be to my parents by Friday afternoon!
Yayy Turner!!!
Cant show this to Keir thoug, his dream at the moment is Buzz
This is hilarious. I love it!
Post a Comment