Monday, March 30, 2009

Birthday Cakes: Part 2

Carter helping get ready to decorate the cake.
(Jodi, can you tell he's wearing the apron you made him???)

So you saw the first birthday cake. Nothing special, but it looked like a tractor no less. Well after that, Carter had decided he wanted a Handy Manny cake for his "real" birthday and I, feeling pretty confident in my cake decorating skills, decided I could do Handy Manny. BIG MISTAKE - seriously, I think the new rule is no people until I get myself signed up for some cake-decorating classes!

Thankfully, my dear friend, Leslie was available to come tame my beasties boys while I finished up the decorating - the hardest part of the task was getting all the colors ready and washing out the tools as I switched colors! Other than the skin color being slightly darker than the real Handy Manny, I guess it wasn't THAT bad, but I am a bit embarrassed to post this on here!

Handy Manny on a plate AND Our Handy Manny cake.
Photobucket




3 comments:

Leslie said...

Girl, you are too hard on yourself! You got some mad decorating skills! :) Better watch out or you might get requests from other moms to make their boys' Handy Manny cakes!

Way to go at making your little man's 3rd birthday so special!

Kathy said...

Steph, that looks great! Seriously. I'm signing you up for the next cake here. I haven't been brave enough to do people. I think it's awesome you went for it!

Love the pictures. Way to go mom!

The Feather Files said...

I am so impressed. You are amazing!